USG Corporation Assembly Supervisor (Swing) - Ceilings Plus in Los Angeles, California
The Assembly Supervisor serves as the supervisor for all activities, people and equipment that are required to successfully complete an RTM on the shop floor. The Assembly Supervisor is responsible for the day to day safety of all employees that report to them as well as all employees on the production floor, and responsible for all activities within assembly including but not limited to: Safety, Quality, planning, fabrication, pre-shipping and general housekeeping. They are to ensure that RTM’s and all associated processes are completed and executed in the most efficient manner. The Assembly Supervisor shall act as the primary contact between production and the RTM Coordinators for RTM updates and status. The Assembly Supervisor reports to the General Foreman.
These duties include:
Responsible for the Safety of all team members around them.
- Support and drive the safety culture of CP/USG to ensure everyone is working in a safe manner.
- Follow safe work practices as set forth by the Ceilings Plus/USG safety manual. This includes reporting of all ANIs and Injuries through direct communication and CORE.
- Conduct daily safety huddles with team members.
- Ensure all team members are properly trained in safe work practices and all VWIs
Ensure that Operators are running the correct job per the production schedule.
- Coordinate with the General Foreman and Planning Department to ensure that the correct job is running to meet the clients ship date.
- Execute the production plan and issue instructions to operators and team leads to ensure assembly practices are being completed in the most efficient manner.
- Monitor output to ensure that production goals are being met.
- Update Planning Department when the production schedule needs to be adjusted.
- Reports all roadblocks and inefficiencies to General Foreman.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency of the assembly team.
- Manage and identify WIP. Ensure that there is either a path for WIP to be completed or that it is stored in a proper manner as to not get damaged and/or lost.
3.Maintain and manage the quality of production being produced. * The Assembly Supervisor is accountable for the quality of all finished products. * Ensures all operators, team leads, and general labor personal are adhering to aesthetic quality standards and the quality standards outlined in RTM packages. * Issue redflag emails and coordinate with the appropriate departments as required to clear any quality or efficiency issues. * Complete and/or verify QC of all product prior to sending to shipping. * Work with RTM Coordinators to ensure that all RTM’s are completed 100% with no back orders. Identify back orders immediately. If a back order is required, send appropriate notifications to responsible parties as required.
4.Aid General Foreman as required.
5.Special Projects as required.
General Qualifications * Comprehensive knowledge of Manufacturing and good scheduling practices * Functional Knowledge of MS Office software * Ability to listen and influence. Strong leadership qualities. * Ability to summarize information and communicate effectively * Project management and organizational skills * Physical Qualifications Per USG standards * 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing/shipping organization * Analytical ability and computer literate. * General understanding of how to read and understand fabrication documents and Bill Of Materials. /EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Supervisor - Manufacturing or Distribution
Organization: *CP California-Assembly
Title: Assembly Supervisor (Swing) - Ceilings Plus
Location: California-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: CP 10042
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.